A tummy tuck, also known as abdominoplasty, is a surgery to remove excess fat and skin from your abdominal region, resulting in a flatter, tighter, and toned midsection. While it helps achieve cosmetic goals, the tummy tuck procedure offers medical benefits too. Weight loss, aging, and post-pregnancy effects can leave your tummy saggy. If a tummy tuck is your first preference to remove excess fat, consulting with an expert in a tummy tuck in Reno can help with the procedure. Tummy tuck surgery is not a substitute for weight loss; consulting with a surgeon in detail is necessary.
A Tummy Tuck is a Cosmetic Surgical Procedure Involving Two Different Surgeries
1. Full Tummy Tuck: This procedure is best suited for overweight and obese patients having severe sagging skin and involves muscle tightening and removing excess fat and skin for a toned abdomen.
2. Mini Tummy Tuck: This procedure focuses on the mind sagging of the lower abdomen, removes bulging skin, and tightens the lower abdomen.
Here Are the Benefits of a Tummy Tuck Surgery
- Due to technological advancements, tummy tuck procedures can be combined with liposuction to improve results.
- The procedure boosts self-confidence and enhances the quality of life.
- A flatter and firmer belly help you resume your exercise routine without hassle.
- If you have an abdominal hernia or panniculus, a tummy tuck procedure can help you regain your health.
- Another benefit can be removing excess skin with severe stretch marks.
- A tummy tuck can decrease back pains because excess skin and fat lead to weak abdominal muscles contributing to back pain and spasm.
- The surgery improves your posture by keeping your spine straight and erect and alleviates neck and shoulder pain.
- Excess abdominal fat puts too much pressure on your bladder, causing stress urinary incontinence (SUI). Tummy tuck surgery helps solve the problem.
How Long Do the Results Last?
Tummy tuck procedure results are considered permanent because of the removal of fat and skin cells. However, the results may change if you gain or lose weight significantly or become pregnant. Consulting with an experienced surgeon in cosmetic surgery in Reno can help you understand the pros and cons of the procedure. Having realistic expectations help you make better decision.
A tummy tuck helps in achieving cosmetic goals like self-confidence and health benefits. Consulting with your surgeon is the best way to know what to expect from the procedure. The expert will examine your health and other medical conditions to ensure it is safe for you in the long run. By understanding the risks and details involved, a patient can decide better. If you are looking for breast augmentation surgery, expert consulting for breast augmentation in Reno can help. A transparent conversation with your doctor is necessary to clear doubts regarding any surgery.